Ready for a little taste of the season? This Summer Corn Pasta is the key to a delicious meal, and it can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound of short cut pasta (the recipe calls for Orecchiette)
- 4 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 4 ounces of cubed Pancetta
- 2 thinly sliced Shallots
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- freshly ground pepper and salt
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmiggiano (a mixture of Parmiggiano and Parmesan is even better)
- fresh basil to top
Step By Step Instructions
- First, grab a large pot and fill it with water. Add a pinch of salt, and put it on the stove. Bring it to a boil.
- Next, warm a separate skillet, coat it with olive oil, and cook the pancetta on medium heat. Ideally, the pancetta should become crispy. After fully cooked, transfer the meat to a plate, but don’t dispose of the grease just yet.
- Now, add the shallots to the pan and cook them in the pancetta’s drippings. After, add the corn kernels and a pinch of salt to the skillet as well. Let sit for about 10 minutes, sauteing ever so often.
- While the corn and shallots cook in the skillet, now it is time to cook your pasta. We suggest following the instructions from the pasta box.
- Try a pasta noodle to ensure they’re cooked to your liking. Once fully cooked, drain the pasta, but keep 1 cup of the pasta water aside.
- Now, it’s time to pull out your blender. Add 2/3 of the shallot and corn mixture and the pasta water, and blend for a few minutes, achieving a smooth texture. After complete, add the sauce to the large skillet, combine the cooked pasta and pancetta, black pepper, basil, and cheese. Let simmer for a 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious and simple pasta dinner!
You might also like: Whip Up A Genuine Key Lime Pie With This Recipe