There simply isn’t a substitute for a night sitting in front of the fireplace while watching classic Christmas movies with your hands wrapped around a huge mug of delicious, creamy hot chocolate.
A life-changing cup of the chocolatey good stuff embodies the love and spirit that went into its preparation. Sounds difficult to achieve, but it is quite simple. Follow these directions, add a little extra love, and prepare to amp up your night.
Homemade Hot Cocoa
This cocoa recipe combines raw organic cacao powder, a chocolate bar, and cream. Pure cacao is chock-full of antioxidants and is a delicious alternative for imitation chocolate powder. However, the raw cacao powder can be substituted for cocoa powder.
The chocolate bar and cream melt together into a divine mixture of creamy goodness, and when finished with a dash of vanilla extract, you’ve got yourself a perfect cup of homemade hot cocoa.
- Raw Cacao Powder
- Milk or Half and Half (hazelnut or vanilla flavored)
- Maple Syrup
- 1 Chocolate Bar
- Vanilla Extract
- Garnishes: Peppermint candy cane, Marshmallows, Whip cream
- Pour milk or half and half into a saucepan and heat on medium-high. *Using hazelnut-flavored half and half will add extra flavor and creaminess.
- Add raw cacao powder and maple syrup, whisk, then heat until warm.
- Once your milk mixture is warmed, add a chocolate bar, whisk, and continue to warm until melted.
- Finish with a dash of vanilla extract and pour into your favorite Christmas mug.
- Garnish with homemade whipped cream, marshmallows, chopped chocolate, or crushed candy canes.
You might also like: Love The Drive In The Stylish And Dependable Elantra
Celebrate the Season with Red McCombs Superior Hyundai!
The holidays are here! Now is a great time to load up the family, hit the grocery store, and stock up on the ingredients to make this incredible homemade hot cocoa. Give Red McCombs Superior Hyundai a call today and we’ll take care of all your transportation needs. View our available inventory online, give us a call, and we’ll have your test drive ready for you when you get here!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.